Automatically rights itself, even after capsizing! Unique lower hull design produces exceptional planing!Real racing performance in an easy to use 2.4GHz Readyset! The W-step and deep V combine in...
The king of 1/12 electric racing returns…
With its captivating avant-garde design!
In august 1983, a mere six months after its debut, a new Kyosho machine blew its more established rivals away at the 5th JMRCA 1/12 Electric Racing Car Japan Nationals, held at a specially built track at Nakayama Racecourse Chiba Prefecture. RC on-road racing was changed for a generation by the 1/8 FANTOM 20 EXP 4WD engine racing car, and its bloodlines ran strong in the FANTOM EP 4WD. The FANTOM EP 4WD revives its glory days as the first on-road racing model and 9th addition to the Kyosho Vintage Series!
The 1/12 on-road racing scene of the time featured a variety of designs such as 3-point suspension and 4-wheel independent suspension, 4WD ladder-chain drive + front one-way bearing system that normally didn’t produce front drive but drove the inside wheel when power was applied through turns for stable cornering and minimal drive loss. The FANTOM EP 4WD pioneered specs such as the FRP chassis that created a suspension effect that delivered optimal weight balance on the inside wheel. The 2020 version model not only recreates the look and feel of the original, but also maintains the superior cornering speed and stability, even on low grip surfaces, with its part-time 4WD and front one way. As with all Vintage Series models, each key component is consistent with the original design but has been improved to handle the latest power sources and deliver the FANTOM’s distinctive sharp handling and control on modern RC circuits.
Experience high-performance driving with the nostalgic avant-garde design and functional beauty of the 1/12 scale FANTOM EP 4WD!
● The world's first electric car to use a ladder chain drive and front one-way bearing. The mechanical plate has also been machined with a mounting hole where a Kyosho LeMans 240S speed controller (No: 37051, sold separately) can be mounted in place of a rotary speed controller. Reproducing the dominant power and performance of the original Le Mans 480T, the Le Mans 480T Brushless Motor (No.37033) with long shaft to fit the Fantom is available as an option.
● Kit includes the BW Spider body that delivered victory on debut at the Japan Nationals in 1983 with its short nose design and excellent aerodynamic balance producing high downforce for quick steering characteristics. Wing (No.EFW001) is also available as an option.
● To handle the increased power of modern motors, the original resin front sprocket has been changed to an integrated machine cut steel one-way bearing holder for superior durability and reliability through the drive system.
● Precision CNC machined motor mount is hard anodized in white (clear). Low center of gravity is achieved through a lower motor mounting position that matches that of the machine cut motor mount, which was an optional upgrade at the time of the original Fantom.
● The rear axle is equipped with a height adjuster. Chassis height can be adjusted 1.3mm up-down by reversing the mounting direction. In addition, the wheelbase can be changed 1mm by swapping the left and right adjusters, thereby allowing adjustment of chain tension.
● Equipped with a 48-pitch gear differential incorporating ball bearing that delivers smooth operation, even with the side force of the original works-spec.
● Stamped FRP components have all been upgraded to CNC cutting. Independent servo saver mount plate used in later models is also included as standard. Change of body mount with grommet screws onto the radio plate enables chassis flex to be utilized in combination with 4WD for sharp cornering performance. The rear axle can move freely, as incorporated in Kyosho models since the Plazma.
● Full bearing specifications. The screw uses a hex type that can be securely tightened. Includes wheel hub and wrench for diff adjustment.
● The kit includes one set of pre-glued tires so a tire setter is not required. Original sponge tires have been replaced with rubber sponge for significantly improved grip and resistance to wear. Wheels have been changed to the latest super tough nylon for increased durability
● Length 345mm
● Width 172mm
● Height 83mm
● Chassis type Chain drive4WD
● Wheelbase 199-200mm（Adjustable）
● Front tread 135mm
● Rear tread 133mm
● Weight approx.1,500g(with GAB4201）
● Motor 540class（both sold separately）
● 1st gear ratio 3.38：1
● Front tire diameter φ48
● Rear tire diameter φ53
● Front tire width 23mm
● Rear tire width 35mm
● Used propo 2～3ch 2servo
● ※Maximum Speed 約55km/h (with Le Mans480T BL）
● ※Driving Time approx.23minutes(with Le Mans480T BL）
※Depends on driving conditions
● Chassis kit
● Adhesive shaped tire
● Unpainted body
● Wheel wrench（12/4.0）
Required for Operation
● 2ch, 1 servo, 1 ESC R/C system
● Battery for chassis
● Battery charger
● Batteries for transmitter
● Paint for body
Available size：Receiving machine46x34x18mm/Servo：33x15x28mm/ESC：40x40x26mm/Battery：138x48x23mm
Recommended product：No.82151Noble NB4 4ch Tx/Rxset/GAB4201 Gens ace LiPo 4000 Straight pack（45C/7.4V）
16 other products in the same category:
Explore the outdoors with the all-season adventure model! The newest edition to the 1/12 scale electric belt vehicle series further enhances your outdoor experience. Kyosho’s long selling...
Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI4 V2 1:8 RC Nitro Readyset w/KE21SP Engine
Feel the impulse for full throttle of the high-torque engine and experience stadium truck power and stability. With 8 World Championship titles, the INFERNO is recognized as Kyosho’s flagship...
Kyosho USA-1 Nitro 1:8 RC Nitro 4WD Readyset w/KE25SP2 The original Kyosho Nitro USA-1 set the standard for RC Monster Truck power and performance when it was released in 1990. 30 years later, the...
Mini-Z AWD Toyota Celica Turbo 4WD No.7 WRC 1993 (MA-020/KT531P)
RC Surfer returns for everyone to enjoy again Kyosho’s 4th release of the RC Surfer that amazed the world with its innovative form and function rides the waves again. Reinforced stainless shaft...
Go anywhere, anytime!Just add fuel and batteries and let this fully-fledged racing buggy run free With 8 World Championship titles, the ‘Inferno’ is proud to be KYOSHO’s flagship model. Infused...
Proven shaft-driven 4WD chassis with Syncro KT-231P 2.4GHz R/C system!From beginner to race winner, this machine delivers smooth performance every time. User-friendly with mild control response,...